- Do you want to build products used by the many of world’s leading startups, using great open-source tools?
- Do you want to work in a modern software engineering environment, producing testable, maintainable, peer-reviewed code with a highly collaborative team of like-minded individuals?
- Do you have an insatiable appetite for all types of improvement, and a willingness to learn new things constantly?
- Are you sensitive to users’ needs, and interested in developing warm relationships with people outside the engineering team?
Our engineering office is located in the Larkinville (aka “the Hydraulics”) section of Buffalo, NY in a recently restored historic building dating back to 1858. Not in Buffalo? Not a problem! We have several team members working remotely, and our corporate HQ is in downtown San Francisco if that better suits you.
- Walking distance to cafes, breweries, distilleries & summer concerts. 🍕🌮🎸
- Three ski resorts are within one hour (for the occasional “board meeting”?) ⛷️🏂
- Minutes from downtown & the lake ⛵
We build software that gives our coaches the power to enable, measure, and support our customers’ personal and professional growth – privately and securely.
We release rapidly, thanks to our automated build, test, and deploy pipeline. Merged pull requests are tested & live within minutes.
Weekly, Sacred 1:1 Time
You’ll get 1:1 time with leadership to ensure you get consistent feedback, as well as opportunity to share your own insights and ideas about how Torch can be better.
Collaboration Over Complexity
You help prioritize. Work on everything, or focus on a specific area – you get a say! As a team, we share in every victory and every opportunity to improve.
Many of us have had consulting or agency jobs with a focus on time tracking. Our Engineering team is focused on building a great product, not on racking up billables.
Flexible Work Arrangement
We take work/life balance very seriously, offering our team members options to work several days per week from home if they prefer, and always keeping hours in-check.
Come, As You Are
We’re here to build, and our environment reflects it. We find that casual dress, espresso, plentiful snacks & team lunch outings support us in building a great product.
Torch is built on a combination of open source software, and integrated with great SaaS platforms where it makes sense. Our team members are often found participating in the Buffalo tech Community and sharing the knowledge we’ve acquired while building, evolving and supporting our platform.
Front End Goodies
Back End Magic
- Python 3.6
- Severless Framework
We’re Cloud Native, built on AWS, and totally Serverless!
Get a brand new Macbook Pro or ThinkPad & a 27” 4k Monitor.
How We Hire
No fizzbuzz, no white-boarding sort algorithms from memory, no brain teasers. Our interview process focuses on finding alignment in our values, and seeing how we can approach technical problems together.
The positions below are examples of the various roles technologists play within our organization. Don’t see one that applies to you exactly? Don’t sweat it, you should still apply if Torch appeals to you. We hire people, and the best people don’t always fit into a mold.